Monday, September 27, 2010

Procrastinators Are devil-Worshippers



Imagine the look on people's faces as they read the title of this week's blog. Imagine mine when I typed it. Well, before you cast a stone, allow me to share my story:

After a late night of studying, I headed home from the college library eager to rest my blood-shot eyes and stiff neck when a cop pulled me over.:-/ I was ticketed for a blown license plate light (among other violations). That happened in early 2009. It took me about six months to buy the bulb, another few months to fetch my screwdriver and another YEAR to stoop down to change the bulb myself. But, by that time, I'd been stopped about five times and racked up about $1,000 worth of traffic tickets. Now, let's do the math: the bulb cost less than $10 and it took about 10 minutes to replace, but now it's taking me nearly FOUR MONTHS to pay the countyall because of procrastination.

It's one thing to have unforeseen setbacks, like someone stealing your identity or when your child gets sick, but when our own laziness keeps us from the life God designed for usthat's just dumb.

We're not giving God glory when we let opportunities pass us up or squander our blessings, therefore, only the devil rejoices when we turn roadblocks into detours. Only satan smiles when we become discouraged and distracted. (Bet he wasn't smiling when I arranged to pay-off those tickets, though)

Procrastination will suck the joy, fulfillment and blessings right out of your life. It'll eat a potentially productive day away to where you're in your pajamas at 3 pm wondering, "Where has the day gone?" It left, and so will your dreams of finishing up a degree or applying for grad school if you don't GET UP & MOVE!!

Quit waiting for opportunities and second chances to land in your lap! Let me remind you: faith without work does not exist in the Kingdom of God.

Get Up! Apply for financial aid, loans, scholarships & grants before the deadline.

Go online & research courses on college websites!!

Stop complaining about your setbacks (as if you're the only one with them... puh-lease) and seize what's already yours!

Think of it this way: every day you waste, every minute of laziness you spend, every finger you point away from yourself is keeping you from your true purposea career job, a promotion and a raise, your own business or non-profit agency, a career change.

God wants to bless you, but how can He unless you MOVE!!

What do you procrastinate the most about? How has procrastination kept you from pursuing your academic dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment